Strategic Security &
Strategic Intelligence Analyst
Ms. Bowman’s academic and professional focus is on the intersection of intelligence methodologies, leadership, and change. She is pursuing a Ph.D in Organizational Leadership at and has more than 22 years of experience working in the US Intelligence Community. Ms. Bowman has written more than 100 intelligence assessments for a wide variety of customers from the President of the United States to operational-level civilian, military, and international audiences and is an expert in Middle Eastern and African counterterrorism issues, African militaries, and leadership.
· Guest professor for analysis courses at CIA’s Sherman Kent School for Analysis.
· Certified tradecraft specialist and facilitator and corporate resource for critical thinking, argumentation, and strategic foresight services.
· Produced formal and informal briefings for senior US Government officials, senior foreign officials, foreign partners, and state and local officials.
· Published more than 100 pieces of finished intelligence assessments for a wide range of customers from the President of the United States to operational civilian, military, and international audiences.
· Researched and identified key strategic trends in Middle Eastern and African issues across multiple domains.
· Deployed to East Africa and served as a liaison to all USG elements in theater; regularly briefed general officers, US officials, and foreign partners.
· Conducted a social network analysis of the 9/11 attacks and the thwarted 2002 attacks on New York City.
· Authored cyber threat assessments of the US National Communications System
· Ph.D Leadership Studies (in process), Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN
· MS Information Systems, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
· Graduate Certificate Strategic Foresight, University of Houston, Houston, TX
· BA Contemporary European Studies, University of South Carolina, South Carolina Honors College, Columbia, SC
· Advanced Analyst Program, Central Intelligence Agency
· Emerging Leaders Program, Central Intelligence Agency
· Leadership Development Program, National Counterterrorism Center
· Structured Analytic Techniques Facilitation Certification, Central Intelligence Agency
· Journal of Strategic Security Studies-peer reviewer
· National American University, HPSSS-Adjunct Professor
· National Collaboration Development Center, Willow Grove, PA- Adjunct Professor